TM-V71 / Equipment required for EchoLink
To use EchoLink on the TM-V71, you'll need two separate cables for this radio.

1. The USB-K5G cable
2. PG-5H Cable (from Kenwood)

You'll need to have both of these cables plugged into the radio. One will go through the USB port and the other through the soundcard on the computer.

This information and more was found on