1) Has the RT Systems USB cable been plugged in yet? If not, please attach the appropriate RT Systems USB cable for this programmer. Give Windows a little time to complete installation of the drivers. Try Get or Send data again.
2) This happens more often with XP. Basically you are installing the drivers manually which is available and can be used in other Windows versions.
- Attach the USB cable and let it start the New Hardware Wizard.
- Take all options in the Wizard to find the files manually.
- The files that you need are at C:\Program Files\Common Files\RT SystemsV4\RTDrivers\USBComDrivers\Drivers
- Run the New Hardware Wizard once using ftdibus
- Then a second time using ftdiport (Usually the New Hardware Wizard will begin again on its own.
- After this second execution of the Wizard, unplug the USB cable. Count to 10. Plug it back in. You should see Windows accept it and make it ready to use.
3) Unplug the RT Systems USB cable and plug it into a different USB port on your computer.
4) Running updates may help. Run the Version 4 update from Version 4 Updates
5) Be sure you are using the RT Systems USB cable. The RT Systems rRdio Programmers work only with the RT Systems USB cables.