The Liexen VV-898 has a few interesting "quirks" that make programming a little confusing. Knowing these will make things easier for you.
- Name Display:
- Enter text in Name field
- Check Show Name - This will happen automatically when you enter text.
- In the Settings File (Settings | Radio Menu Settings) Set Display Type to Memory
- On the same screen in the Settings file, Check Channel Name Enable.
This will display names on the A and B bands whenever the radio is in normal (not channel) memory mode. If the radio is in Channel Mode (when Display Mode is set to Channel on the settings screen), the channel numbers will not be displayed and several menu items will not be available although they will show up when you go into the menu.
- Settings | Radio Menu Settings | Common 1 tab | Display Mode - This option set to Channel puts the radio into a mode that makes the radio more like a commercial radio with changed capabilities (i.e., the radio won't go into VFO mode and several menu items are not available). For most applications, this options should be set to Frequency. Also, channel numbers will not be displayed on the face of the radio with the name. This is the biggest complaint and the best indication that this is the problem.
- Only the B Band of the display can be put into VFO.
- Be sure you have a button set to Band Change (Settings | Radio Menu Settings | Common 2 tab | Key Assignments) so you can switch between VFO bands.
- Be sure you have a button set to A/B (Settings | Radio Menu Settings | Common 2 tab | Key Assignments) so you can switch between the Band A and Band B portions of the display.
- Be sure you have a button set to VFO/MR (Settings | Radio Menu Settings | Common 2 tab | Key Assignments) so you can switch between VFO and Memory (Band B only!!)