No Radio Modules Were Found Error
Last Updated: 03/30/2015
This error most commonly occurs upon trying to start up the radio programmer immediately after installation. There are two different methods that can help fix this problem - we recommend you try method A first, as it is simpler.
Run the programmer updater again, from this link:
Once the updater has completed, right click on the icon you use to open the programmer and click "Run as administrator"
Then, reboot the computer and try running the programmer again.
If you still get the radio modules error after rebooting the computer, try method B.
These instructions require some working knowledge of Windows. If you are unsure of how to follow these instructions, or if you encounter any difficulties while trying to resolve the issue, please call us at 303-586-6510 or 800-921-4834 between 8 AM - 5 PM Mountain Time, Monday - Friday; we will be more able to help you over the phone.
1. Open the Windows File Explorer and navigate to the file path below. Please note that the ProgramData folder is hidden; you will either need to tell Windows to display hidden files or you will need to type the file path directly into the address bar near the top of the File Explorer window.
C:\ProgramData\RT SystemsV4U\Radio Programmers
2. Rename the file "RadioProgrammersv4u.dat" to "xRadioProgrammersv4u.dat" (this creates a backup - if we somehow make matters worse, we can restore this file and at least get back to square 1)
3. Try opening the radio programming software. It should ask you to update the software; allow the update to complete. If you have multiple radio programmers, each one will require that you update it the next time you load it up.
4. Once the update completes, you should be able to run the software with no further difficulties.
5. Once you know that the software works properly, you can delete the "xRadioProgrammersv4u.dat" file if you wish. It will not hurt anything to leave it alone, either.
If you continue having difficulties even after completing this process, please contact technical support at 303-586-6510 or 800-921-4834 between 8 AM - 5 PM Mountain Time, Monday - Friday.