| The RT Systems programmers now work with "generic" USB cables. USB cables have become a little more consistent and reliable. Consider this as you decide which cable will be best for you. |
| Generic USB|
- Cables with proper pin spacing for the radio have been around for a long time with varying designs for USB circuitry. Some work well. Some work with varying degrees of success. Some don't work at all. Both circuitry design and wiring could be the issue. If you have a cable that works, it should work with the RT Systems programmer for your radio.
- A generic cable may not work on Windows 11.
- When using a generic USB cable for programming, you are responsible for finding and installing drivers.
- You are responsible for identifying the com port in use by the cable, assigning that in the program and changing it should you use a different cable the next time that assigns to a different com port designation.
- RT Systems cannot help you with cable setup... there are just too many cables out there for us to begin to know what you have.
| USB-74 |
- Performance of the programming system is guaranteed only with the RT Systems cable. There are too many variables in cable design for the guarantee to extend to every cable. The system (RT Systems programmer with RT Systems software) works well.
- RT Systems programming cables work on Windows 11.
- Drivers are installed during installation of the programmer. Sometimes help is needed to complete driver installation: we are here to help with that.
- You do not need to know or assign a com port in the program. The programmer finds the cable automatically.
- The RT Systems cables are color coded to help you find the right one when your collection of cables becomes a tangled mess.
- If there is a problem with communications between the radio and the computer, we are here to help....and we know LOTS of tricks!!