Send Data to Radio Fails (European Models Only) IC-7100, IC-9100
This guide may apply in cases where the following are true:07/11/2014
- You can get data from the radio (click Communications > Get data from radio) with no problems
- You cannot send data to the radio (click Communications > Send data to radio) - specifically, the radio appears to clone in, but gives an error and resets at the end of the process. The computer does not give an error message.
- You have the European model of the IC-7100 or IC-9100 radios.
- Make sure you have the most recent software updates.
- Open a new file. Click File > New and select your radio model if it gives you a list of installed radios.
- Get data from the radio. Click Communications > Get data from radio
- Open the radio menu settings. Click Settings > Radio Menu Settings. It is now safe to close the settings window.
- Save the configuration by clicking File > Save. Give it an easy to recognize name.
- Open or prepare the file you would like to send to the radio.
- Open the radio menu settings again. Open the settings file you saved previously by clicking File > Open and select that file. You may now close the settings window.
- Try to send data to the radio - it should go smoothly now