- A PC running Windows 7, Windows 8 or 8.1 (full version) or Windows 10 (32 and 64 bit).
- MacOS 10.11 or higher (64 bit only). For programmers with Mac version available. Check here for your specific model.
- An Internet connection for setup file download and during installation for activation. (Activation can be done by phone if Internet is not available.)
- An available USB port for cable connection. The best connection is on the computer since many adapters can interfere with the signal from the radio.
- The RT Systems interface cable specified for your radio.
- A Class 4 micro SD card for many of the older radios that use an SD card (i.e., Yaesu FTM-400, FTM-100, FT-1D, FT-2D). Newer radios seem to use the faster cards without issue. If the radio does not see the card, try another.
- The Yaesu SCU-18, SCU-18, SCU-20 as appropriate for a particular radio.
- An appropriate "straight through" USB cable for many radios with built in electronics. Remember, not all of these cables are created equally. A charging cable is wired differently and will not work for programming. When in doubt, or after several failed attempts, get the cable from RT Systems offered for the radio.