- A PC running Windows 7, Windows 8 or 8.1 (full version), Windows 10, or Windows 11 (32 and 64 bit).
- The cables will NOT work on a computer with an ARM processor. There are no drivers for the USB device (FTDI, Prolific or otherwise) for that processor. To check this, go to About your PC in Settings. Details of your processor will be shown there.
- MacOS 10.11.6 or higher (64 bit only). For a list of programmers available for Mac, Check here and search for your specific model.
- An Internet connection for setup file download and during installation for activation. (Activation can be done by phone if Internet is not available.)
- An available USB port for cable connection. The best connection is on the computer since many adapters can interfere with the signal from the radio.
- The RT Systems interface cable specified for your radio.
- A Class 4 micro SD card for many of the older radios that use an SD card (i.e., Yaesu FTM-400, FTM-100, FT-1D, FT-2D). Newer radios seem to use the faster cards without issue. If the radio does not see the card, try another.)
- The Yaesu SCU-18, SCU-19, or SCU-20 as appropriate for a particular radio. Note: Prolific drivers for older cables may not work on Windows 11. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do in the software to make them work if the operating system loses the ability to load drivers for the device.
- An appropriate "straight through" USB cable for many radios with built in electronics. Remember, not all of these cables are created equally. A charging cable is wired differently and will not work for programming. When in doubt, or after several failed attempts, get the cable from RT Systems offered for the radio.